SMDA hosts an annual awards banquet each January to celebrate the accomplishments of our members.
The awards banqet for the 2018 show season will be held on Saturday January 19th. Click here for the sign up form: SMDABanquetForm 2018
SMDA Year-End Awards
- Year-End Awards places 1-6 are given for Junior, Adult Amateur, and Open at each level: Intro, Training, First, Second, Third, Fourth, FEI, Freestyle, Western Dressage, and Test of Choice (if entries warrant).
- High Point Awards are given for Junior, Adult Amateur, Open, Intro JR, and Intro AA for the highest average score (four scores) of the season.
Year-End Award Requirements
- Year-end awards are given for Junior, Adult Amateur, and Open at each level. JR, AA, and Open is defined by USEF GR 1306.
- Rider must be a member of SMDA before his/her first show of the season for scores to count.
- The same horse/rider combination must submit a minimum of four scores from four different judges (L judge or higher) for any test within the level. Four best scores are averaged.
- High Point JR, High Point AA, High Point Open, High Point Intro JR, and High Point Intro AA awards are given based on the highest average score (four scores) for any one level, as submitted on the Rider Report form.
- At least two scores must be from SMDA sponsored shows at the Hollis Equestrian Park.
- All scores must be from SMDA sponsored shows and/or SMDA affiliated shows.
- All tests qualify for year-end awards. The average score of all four tests must be above 55% to qualify.
- When you submit scores from SMDA affiliated shows, you must submit photocopies of your tests (front and back).
- You must submit the Year-End Awards Rider Report Form and submit by November 15.
SMDA Rider Achievement Medals
- Medals are one-time rider achievement awards, designed to recognize accomplishment up the levels. Riders can earn scores on different horses.
- Riders can submit scores for any test within the specified level. Within each level, scores must be from different judges – L judge or higher.
- Scores from show year 2013 and earlier are grandfathered to include any schooling or recognized dressage show in Maine. Beginning in show year 2014, scores must be from an SMDA sponsored show or an SMDA affiliated show. If all scores submitted are from grandfathered shows (pre 2014), at least two of the scores must be from an SMDA sponsored or SMDA affiliated show.
- Riders must be SMDA members: 1) at the time the scores are submitted; and 2) beginning in 2014, at the time the scores are earned.
- Riders must submit photocopies of their tests (front and back).
- Riders must complete the Rider Medals Report Form and submit by November 15.
- SMDA Bronze Medal
Two scores for Introductory Level and three scores from Training Level. Scores must be 60% or higher.
- SMDA Silver Medal
Three scores for First Level and three scores for Second Level. Scores must be 60% or higher.
- SMDA Gold Medal
Three scores for Third Level and three scores for Fourth Level. Scores must be 60% or higher.
- SMDA Platinum Medal
Three scores from FEI Level. Scores must be 55% or higher.
Volunteer of the Year
The Volunteer of the Year Award is given to a deserving SMDA member for his/her volunteer efforts and commitment to SMDA.
The SPHO Award is given to the highest scoring Standardbred horse/rider combination competing at any level. The SPHO Award is sponsored by the Standardbred Pleasure Horse Association.